Dragon’s Egg Cocktail
inspired by Game of Thrones
Since there is only ONE more episode left of Game of Thrones this season, I’m bringing you a boozy Mother of Dragon themed punch for your inevitable Westerosi get-together.
- Dried hibiscus
- Chili lime spice (optional)
- Champagne (optional)
- Bubbly water (optional)
- Bowls for straining precious Dragon juice
- Something sharp to carve your scales (we used the pointy end of a can opener)
- Scoop of some variety
How to –
- Make hibiscus tea – 2:1 ratio with boiling water, and sugar to taste
- Strain & chill
- Carve those dragon scales! I slowly carved out ‘scales’ all around the watermelon
- Cut a the top off to form a lid, then start scooping
- Use a blender to turn that watermelon into dragon juice and then strain it
- Mix watermelon juice, hibiscus tea, & vodka in a 3:1:1 ratio inside your dragon egg with 1-2 limes squeezed in!
- Serve over ice with a chili, lime & garlic seasoned rim
- And topped with champagne, soda water, or nothing at all!
So of course I dressed up as the Mother of Dragons herself, because you know I love a good theme, and an occasion to celebrate!
"One of my favorite things is drinking in costume" - yours truly
Now go celebrate the season 7 finale of Game of Thrones with some Dragon Egg Cocktail!